Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Belle Haven Bald Eagles nest







I was traveling up and down all day on the GW Parkway on March 13th after seeing eagles at one location south of Belle Haven Marina Park. I decide to return to Belle Haven Park wich is located near Alexandria VA. When I arrived at the park it was very crowded and I walked up the path toward the eagles nest hoping to see one or both of the pair at the nest. I did not see them when i arrived there so I decided to leave the park. I started to walk toward the parking lot,by the time I almost reached the parking lot I stopped to survey the Potomac River for wildlife and mabey an eagle in flight. I stayed there for thirty minutes and started heading to my car when a biker coming from the nest road by me and said go check out the eagle sitting in the nest tree. The eagle probably just arrived there only minutes ago. I turned back around and headed to the nest quickly and once I arrived and saw the eagle. I started to take photos of the eagle perched in the nest tree. Im not sure weather the other partner is actually sitting in the nest on eggs or this eagle lost its partner and is looking for a new replacement. I hope to get photos this year of several different eagles nest with chicks and other birds of prey with their young.

No comments:

Post a Comment