Monday, June 13, 2011

Patuxent River Bald Eagles Nest update











It has been months since I checked in on the nesting activities of this Bald Eagle nest. I have been unemployed for the past several months and it has been impossible to get over to the site. I finally got a chance to get over to the nest with the help of my good friend Jay Mcdaniel and his wife Shamala. They were enthusiastic about going over to the park and mabey having a chance to see the Bald Eagles. I was excited because I knew there was a chance of possibly seeing young Bald eagle fledge at the nest. The series of photos you will see show the juvenile at the nest site. The adult was there near the nest but left as soon as I arrived in view. I will probably go back to the nest site at a later date now that I know the nesting season was successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment