Sunday, March 2, 2014

Bald Eagle on the first of March 2014

Bald Eagles along the Mt. Vernon Trail in VA. Here is the Bald Eagles nest site at Morningside lane along the Mt. Vernon Trail. One of many Bald Eagle nests along the Potomac River. while I waited for the mate to take his or her place on the nest egg sitting a cardinal sat in a tree and sang for a long period. Finally the mate returned to the nest to replace its mate on egg watch. Late afternoon and early evening brought cloudy conditions and lots more waiting to get returning mate to replace the one previously on guard. I think it was an overall decent day even though I did not get my perfect eagle photo. I learned a few more things about the eagle pairs and as you can see Bald Eagles are doing fine in the VA, MD,DC region.


 The duet dance in the sky.



No comments:

Post a Comment