Saturday, May 5, 2012

Morningside lane Bald Eagles juveniles in the nest May, 5th 2012

Morningside lane Bald Eagles Nest May,5, 2012

The weather was cloudy but very warm. I walked to the nest site and waited for some activity, after an hour of waiting I decided to sit down and rest after along day of bird watching and photography. After leaning back for a minute and looking up at the nest all of a sudden an adult Bald Eagle flew by the nest but did not land at the nest. I decided that would get up and look carefully at the nest and see if there was some activity but nothing was visible at the moment. A half hour later something moved in the nest I looked a little more carefully with my binoculars and suddenly saw a large body and head movement and then another movement on the other side of the nest and realized these were two juveniles that are ready for flight training. The Adults have success for 2012 with two young new eaglets that are now old enough to transition to the wing excercise and then the branching stage. This made my day to see these new edditions to the eagle world. My photos weren't that good but once the juveniles have moved away from the nest out in the open Im sure I will get some great photo's. The most enjoyable part about seeing the young juveniles was seeing them test their wings and lift above the floor of the nest. What a wonderful experience it is to see them so healthy and strong. I can now say it was another successful nesting season at this nest site and give me hope for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment